The Tough Kid On-Task in a Box is appropriate for students who fail to pay attention during academic activities. They are our daydreamers—chronically off task and underachieving. Time on task is generally 50–60% or less. The Tough Kid On-Task in a Box employs the following research-based strategies: self-monitoring, self-graphing, and video peer modeling.
Students improved time on task from a baseline average of 32% to 88% after implementing the procedures in On-Task in a Box. At follow-up, students had an average on-task rate of 85% in their regular classrooms.
- Student Referral and Initial Observation
- Work With the Classroom Teacher
- On-Task in a Box Lessons with Video Peer Modeling and Fast-Hands Animation
- Follow-up Observations
IT’S ALL IN THE BOX!
- Comprehensive step-by-step procedures
- Two MotivAiders (timers that can be set for random intervals)
- A DVD with Peer Modeling and Fast-Hands Animation
- Motivational materials, including a Reward Spinner
- Reproducible forms
The Tough Kid On-Task in a Box can be implemented with individual students, buddies, or a whole class.