The Tough Kid New Teacher Book is an essential resource for anyone new to teaching—a practical, easy-to-use guide to managing even the most challenging classroom. The book focuses on strategies you can learn quickly and implement immediately.
You will learn how to employ proven, research-based strategies to:
- Set a positive tone for the entire school year by carefully planning for the first few days of school.
- Create a positive learning environment with classroom rules and routines.
- Use Precision Requests to increase student compliance.
- Establish and enforce positive and negative consequences for student behavior.
- Deal effectively with kids who misbehave again and again.
- Put an end to particularly bothersome behaviors such as swearing, talk-outs, disrespectful interactions, and noncompliance.
- Reduce your own stress and frustration.
- Spend your time teaching, not disciplining.
The Tough Kid New Teacher Book will help you make your first year a happy and successful start to a fulfilling career.