The Tough Kid Electronic Home Notes includes a system for automatic data compilation as well as a highly motivating and customizable reinforcement component.
The Tough Kid Electronic Home Notes contains step-by-step directions for how to:
- Select and objectively define target behaviors.
- Design a motivational system tailored to the individual student.
- Set up the Electronic Home Note using Google Drive, Forms, and Sheets.
- Introduce the home note to families and students.
- Implement the program in a practical and user-friendly way.
- Monitor progress and assist students in tracking their own progress.
- Create electronic graphs to summarize and visualize student progress.
Electronic Home Notes has been shown to effectively improve a student’s on-task behavior in the classroom with a bonus reduction of problematic behaviors (Knorr, 2015; Lopach, 2016).