These engaging four- to seven-minute video presentations introduce the core principles of Explicit Instructions.
The videos are designed for quick inservice opportunities during staff, grade level, or departmental meetings. Staff can watch a segment, then take 10–15 minutes to discuss the golden principle and how it applies in their classrooms.
- Explicit Instruction 3:40
- Anticipate & Remove 6:09
- Assumicide 5:46
- What You Expect = What You Get 7:45
- A Quick Review of Teaching 5:16
- Concepts & Vocabulary 3:56
- Practice, Practice, Practice 6:05
Delivery of Instruction
- Up on Your Feet 6:17
- Avoid Voids 6:16
- Pace of the Lesson 6:31
- Learning Is Not a Spectator Sport 6:38
- Passion & Compassion 7:02