Functional Behavior Assessment of Absenteeism and Truancy is an assessment and intervention system that will guide you to evidence-based interventions for individual students who are chronically absent or truant.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- Behavioral interventions based on an FBA are more effective than interventions that do not take into account the purpose of the challenging behavior.
- Interventions that are functionally designed are generally more positive and less aversive than nonfunction-based interventions.
- Behavioral changes are generally faster and more complete when the intervention is function based.
- Chronic absenteeism and truancy begin as early as first grade and are strongly correlated with dropping out of school.
- Lost school time affects learning, assignment completion, grades, promotion, and graduation rates.
- Truant students are four times as likely to commit a serious assault, five times more likely to report committing a serious property crime, and two times more likely to be arrested than peers who attend school regularly.
The completeFunctional Behavior Assessment of Absenteeism and Truancy System includes:
- Fillable reproducible forms
- Five-pack consumable forms
- Copy of Absenteeism and Truancy: Interventions and Universal Procedures