Functional Behavior Assessment of Absenteeism and Truancy is an assessment and intervention system that will guide you to evidence-based interventions for individual students who are chronically absent or truant.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- Behavioral interventions based on an FBA are more effective than interventions that do not take into account the purpose of the challenging behavior.
- Interventions that are functionally designed are generally more positive and less aversive than nonfunction-based interventions.
- Behavioral changes are generally faster and more complete when the intervention is function based.
- Chronic absenteeism and truancy begin as early as first grade and are strongly correlated with dropping out of school.
- Lost school time affects learning, assignment completion, grades, promotion, and graduation rates.
- Truant students are four times as likely to commit a serious assault, five times more likely to report committing a serious property crime, and two times more likely to be arrested than peers who attend school regularly.
The complete Functional Behavior Assessment of Absenteeism and Truancy System includes:
- Fillable reproducible forms
- Five-pack consumable forms
- Copy of Absenteeism and Truancy: Interventions and Universal Procedures
Call 866.542.1490 to purchase additional consumable forms for use with the Functional Behavior Assessment of Absenteeism and Truancy system.
Form are sold in sets of five. Each set includes:
- Booklet 1: Core Checklist (12 pp.)
- Booklet 2: Assessment Results and Plan (12 pp.)
- Booklet 3: Additional Data Sources (20 pp.)