Randy Sprick, Ph.D., is an educational consultant and trainer in Eugene, Oregon. Each year, he presents practical and entertaining workshops to over 30,000 teachers and administrators throughout the United States and Canada. Much of his work involves helping teachers, principals, and other staff set up schools and classrooms that encourage student responsibility and motivation, while humanely and effectively helping misbehaving students learn to behave in more responsible ways. As the primary author for the Safe & Civil Schools series, Randy has produced numerous articles, books, audiotapes, and videotapes that assist school personnel in dealing with the issues of discipline and classroom management. In 2007, the Council for Exceptional Children honored Randy with the J.E. Wallace Wallin Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his work developing, advocating, and promoting Positive Behavior Support in schools.
Paula Rich has been a substitute teacher in public schools, was a freelance musician, and taught private music lessons for many years in the Boston, Massachusetts, area. More recently, she contributed original stories and poems to the Read Well curriculum for second-grade readers and edited several of Randy Sprick’s staff development and behavior management books and papers. She was instrumental in developing Connections, Ancora Publishing's online check-and-connect program.
Foundations Module B (Online Video)
Foundations Module B, Managing Behavior in Common Areas and With Schoolwide Policies, delineates processes for ensuring that common areas (arrival, cafeteria, hallways) and schoolwide policies (dress code, electronics use, public displays of affection) are structured for success and that expectations for behavior are directly taught with clarity and repetition to students.
- Presentation 1: Laying the Groundwork for Consistency in All School Settings
- Presentation 2: Structuring Common Areas and Schoolwide Policies for Success
- Presentation 3: Teaching Expectations to Students
- Presentation 4: Effective Supervision, Part 1—Protect, Expect, and Connect
- Presentation 5: Effective Supervision, Part 2—Correct and Reflect
- Presentation 6: Supervising Common Areas and Schoolwide Policies—for All Staff
- Presentation 7: Adopting, Implementing, and Monitoring Improvements to Common Areas and Schoolwide Policies
- Appendix A: Foundations Implementation Rubric and Summary
- Appendix B: Module B Implementation Checklist
- Appendix C: Guide to Module B Reproducible Forms and Samples
The module includes Online Video inservice presentations by Dr. Sprick and colleagues and 8 copies of the related study guide. A CD provides reproducible forms and examples from real-world Foundations implementations. (DVD version also available)