Districts and schools that have implemented Foundations report:
- Reductions in disciplinary referrals, suspensions, and expulsions
- Increases in staff coordination, consistency, and collegiality
- Improvements in school climate
- Increases in positive interactions between staff and students
- Improvements in staff skill in effective supervision and Positive Behavior Supports
- Application of data-based decision making to behavior and discipline policies
NEW IN THE THIRD EDITION
- Reducing out-of-school suspensions
- Improving attendance
- Preventing bullying, and more . . .
See Ward, B., & Gersten, R. (2013). A randomized evaluation of the Safe & Civil Schools model for positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) at elementary schools in a large urban school district. School Psychology Review, 42(3), 317–333.
Foundations is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP). The online National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices was discontinued in January 2018, but a link to the Safe & Civil Schools NREPP listing can be found here.