Students who actively participate in lessons improve both behavior and academic performance. The Active Participation DVD Series presents specific instructional procedures and routines to:
- Increase engagement
- Increase on-task behavior
- Increase accountability
- Promote desired behaviors
- Reduce inappropriate behaviors
- Keep the class briskly moving along
Active Participation DVDs can be used both to introduce teaching staff to active engagement strategies and to serve periodically as a systematic review of engagement strategies for staff who are familiar with the concepts, but need a quick refresher.
Show the DVD on a large screen for whole-staff inservice or on a single computer for individual or small-group study sessions. Dr. Archer’s presentations are equally as effective!
Please note that this DVD set is for secondary grades 6-12. There is another version that is tailored to elementary-level classrooms.
Overview of the Active Participation Inservice:
- Introduction by Dr. Anita Archer 5:49
- Session 1: Introduction to Active Participation 49:54
- Session 2: Teaching Active Participation to Students 34:28
- Session 3: Structured Choral Responses 27:41
- Session 4: Partner Responses Part 1 45:19
- Session 5: Partner Responses Part 2 30:31
- Session 6: Individual Responses 28:07
- Session 7: Putting It Together (Choral, Partner, and Individual Responses) 32:58
- Session 8: Written and Action Responses 42:19
- Session 9: Passage Reading 29:16