Students who actively participate in lessons improve both behavior and academic performance.
Learn specific instructional procedures and routines to:
- Increase engagement
- Increase on-task behavior
- Increase accountability
- Promote desired behaviors
- Reduce inappropriate behaviors
- Keep the class briskly moving along
- Active Participation DVDs can be used both to introduce teaching staff to active engagement strategies and to serve periodically as a systematic review of engagement strategies for staff who are familiar with the concepts, but need a quick refresher.
Show the DVD on a large screen for whole-staff inservice or on a single computer for individual or small-group study sessions. Dr. Archer’s presentations are equally as effective!
Please note that this DVD set is for elementary grades K-5. There is another version that is tailored to secondary-level instruction.
Ten Inservice Sessions:
- Overview of the Active Participation
- Inservice: Introduction by Dr. Anita Archer 5:49
- Session 1: Introduction to Active Participation 38:52
- Session 2: Teaching Active Participation to Students 30:59
- Session 3: Structured Choral Responses 25:02
- Session 4: Partner Responses Part 1 36:40
- Session 5: Partner Responses Part 2 19:45
- Session 6: Individual Responses 27:21
- Session 7: Putting It Together (Choral, Partner, and Individual Responses 32:21
- Session 8: Written and Action Responses 35:29
- Session 9: Passage Reading 37:54
- Session 10: Summing It All Up 28:38